From the Delft3D homepage: Delft3D is a world leading 3D modeling suite to investigate hydrodynamics, sediment transport and morphology and water quality for fluvial, estuarine and coastal environments. As per 1 January 2011, the Delft3D flow (FLOW), morphology (MOR) and waves (WAVE) modules are available in open source.
Delft3D requires the following module file to run:
- See Modules for more information.
Running Delft3D on CIRCE/SC
The Delft3D user guide is essential to understanding the application and making the most of it. The guide and this page should help you to get started with your simulations. Please refer to the Documentation section for a link to the guide.
- Note on CIRCE: Make sure to run your jobs from your $WORK directory!
- Note: Scripts are provided as examples only. Your SLURM executables, tools, and options may vary from the example below. For help on submitting jobs to the queue, see our SLURM User’s Guide.
Batch Job Submission
If, for example, you have a Delft3D script file (named “test.gs for this example) and an input file (named ”input.ctl" for this example), you would set up a submit script like this:
- The script below (for testing, name it “delft3d-test.sh”) can be copied into your job directory (the folder with your input files) and modified so that you can submit batch processes to the queue.
#!/bin/bash # #SBATCH --comment=delft3d-test #SBATCH --ntasks=4 #SBATCH --job-name=delft3d-test #SBATCH --output=output.%j.delft3d-test #SBATCH --time=01:00:00 #### SLURM 4 processor Delft3D test to run for 1 hour. module purge module load apps/delft3d/5.01.00.2163 srun -n$SLURM_NTASKS --mpi=pmi2 deltares_hydro.exe ./test_input.ini
Next, you can change to your job’s directory, and run the sbatch command to submit the job:
[user@login0 ~]$ cd my/jobdir [user@login0 jobdir]$ sbatch ./delft3d-test.sh
- You can view the status of your job with the “squeue -u <username>” command
Home Page, User Guides, and Manuals
- Delft3D Home Page:
Benchmarks, Known Tests, Examples, Tutorials, and Other Resources
- Delft3D Examples:
More Job Information
See the following for more detailed job submission information:
Report bugs with Delft3D to the IT Help Desk: email@example.com